- We ventilate rooms before we clean. The CDC recommends opening outside doors and windows and using ventilating fans to increase air circulation in the space before beginning to clean and disinfect. Learn more about how to properly ventilate before cleaning from the CDC.
- We wash our hands thoroughly before and after each cleaning. We use soap and water, and wash for at least 20 seconds. Learn more about proper hand washing.
- We clean, then disinfect. Detergent or soap and water is used to remove dirt, grease, dust, and germs. Once the surface is clean, we spray with a disinfectant. Let it stand for a few minutes, then wipe—we use paper towels or disposable wipes.
- We avoid touching our face while cleaning. To prevent the spread of germs, the CDC recommends not touching your face, nose, and eyes with unwashed hands.
- We use recommended disinfectants. Most common household disinfectants registered by the Environmental Protection Agency, as well as cleaning solutions with diluted household bleach, are believed to be effective against the coronavirus. We pay special attention to frequently touched surfaces, like light switches, doorknobs, remote controls, and faucet handles.
- Sofas, rugs, drapes, and other soft, porous surfaces: We carefully remove any visible dirt or grime, then clean with the appropriate cleaners indicated for use on these surfaces.
- All linens and dish ware have been removed from our RV's. That includes bed sheets, hand and bath towels, and kitchen towels. Remember to bring these items from home.
- We empty the vacuum cleaner after every cleaning. We also wipe down the vacuum cleaner with disinfectant, along with appliances like the microwave and coffee maker.
- We line our trash cans. Placing bags into trash bins will make it easier to dispose of tissues and other waste.
- We dispose of paper towels, cleaning supplies and safely remove cleaning gear. When done cleaning, we immediately remove any protective outerwear, and dispose of them or wash accordingly.
We are doing our best to protect ourselves and you. Please respect social distancing at check-in and checkout. There may be self check-in instructions to minimize person-to-person contact and to avoid routine maintenance during your stay.
To help guests maintain a higher standard of cleanliness and hygiene, our RV's are well-stocked with essential amenities. Things like:
- Hand soap
- Paper towels
- Toilet Paper
Please visit the CDC website for more information on COVID-19—and be sure to review any guidelines published by your local government or health authorities.
*This content is based on publicly available information from the CDC. The CDC does not endorse this content or A Class Above RV. A Class Above RV makes no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability, or availability with respect to this content provided for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
Checklist of items to clean and disinfect:
- Light switches
- Remote controls
- Fan and lamp chains
- Window sills and window handles
- Garbage and recycling bins
- Cabinet handles and pulls
- Appliances: oven, toaster, coffee maker, etc.
- Hard-backed chairs
- Faucet handles
- Showers and tubs
- Shower curtains and doors